5.18.2011

New Day


So, I'm trying to sleep last night and of course .. couldn't and was thinking of all i could be writing in my blog, wondering why i dont write more often. hmmm .. dunno. i sure had a lot to say last night but of course can't remember a bit this morning. i have ideas and thoughts but have never really been a writer or reader, really. okay, that sounds weird. . (in my head, i'm not actually talking out loud while writing). so, not a writer, not a reader ... what am i? well, today i am a writer and couponer. i have gotten so addicted to the couponing thing! I have never couponed before. ya, i know. some of you are like "what???" and some of you are like "me? never". I guess it is my new obsession. i take on and take off obsessions like the planes at Newark Airport! Okay, first it was doing my own nails (I just couldn't pay $30 to have someone else do what I could learn to do myself). Then, it was baby sign language (which i still am in love with but it was a little trendy so no one is interested anymore), sewing, crochet, knitting, making bows (until i mastered the most beautiful boutique bow), scrapbooking (which never really took off-i never printed my pics), making paper crafts/recycle crafts (i've even made my own paper!), oh oh oh and baking like breads and such, hair cutting (my poor son! It never looked horrible but he was so good and patient! I even cut my own hair! CRAZY!), and now ... couponing! I guess out of all my OCD moments this has got to be the best. Not a peep from my hubby as of yet, but it is still early. LOL

So, I haven't used amazing coupons like the extreme couponers on TLC but I have started to shop around sales. I make my menu around the sales that week instead of making my menu and then to the grocery to find the items (which were never on sale that week!) I would spend about $120-$140 a week on grocery items and now ... about $80. Ya! I didn't realize until last night when I was explaining to my husband that I may not have used but 5 coupons BUT I did save tons because of waiting (being patient - which I am soooo not!) This has been hard but very exciting at the same time. I look forward to the new ad and finding out what is on sale and what I have coupons for. They don't usually match up amazingly but .. I'm being patient ... I'm being patient! Oh, and I just can't buy 20 bottles of Mylex just because it is free with coupons. I just can't. I have the waste not want not mentality from my childhood. I can't imagine buying so much that I would have to rotate out the expired foods. i would DIE! I just can't imagine! I can't even throw away the rest of my rice and beans from last nights dinner out! Yes, I saved them and along with some chips ... I'll have lunch!

Enough today... I'll write more, be more attentive to my husband, clean often, listen to my children without distraction, forgive easier, love myself longer!

No comments: