11.13.2012

Vegan Wonton Soup (try)


So, I tried a new recipe today .... well it started yesterday. I wanted to make a vegan wonton soup so I searched the internet but everything I found had tofu in the wonton but I wanted it to be just veggies. So, onward! Got a bag of cabbage, mushrooms, ginger, garlic and wonton wrappers. I didn't know that the wonton wrappers may not be vegan so I didn't look to make sure on the ingredients. Guess I should next time huh? Well here it is ...(Please excuse my bad photography!)

I sauteed the cabbage, mushrooms, ginger and garlic then used water to wet the edges, added the veggies, folded corner to corner, pressed the sides together and voila!
I then poured two boxes of veg stock into a pot, added half a leek, ginger, soy sauce, and mushrooms. I let it boil lightly for about 30 minutes then added the wontons.

sauteed veggies and wrappers ready to be wrapped!


Wonton soup ... MMMM (the wontons are hiding!)
It turned out way yummy! I did remove some of the leeks and veggies ... My kids would have freaked! I liked it though. My carnivorous husband liked it too. Oh, I added some tofu at the end thinking Hubby would need some protein but he only had a few bites. He went straight to the freezer and got a Morning Star Black Bean Burger .... Oh well. I'm not giving up! 

I have to find something out there that the whole family will like. I have to!

No comments: